April 22, 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. Earth Day is an annual event created to celebrate the planet’s environment and raise awareness about pollution. There are many things you can do in order to help protect your planet every day of the year.
- You are able to educate yourself and those around you on way to protect our planet!
- Conserve water! Turn the faucet off while brushing your teeth. Take shorter showers. Use less water while washing dishes.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle! Bel Aire Terrace already gives you the opportunity to recycle. Decrease the amount of plastic bags used especially while grocery shopping. Reusable grocery bags can be used for years and many of them come in great designs!
- Change your light bulbs out for more energy efficent bulbs. Use natural light whenever possible!
- Choose non-toxic chemicals for household cleaners. They clean the same amount and do not pollute our waterways!
Can you think of any other ways that you can help protect our planet? Share them with those around you!