Candles are as timeless as the wheel and have been used for so many purposes. Nowadays we use them for aromatherapy and to simply sweeten up our house with them! This entry we will explore an exciting, crafty project to do at home! Making your own candles can save you money in the long-haul, give you creative control, and be personalized to be given as great gifts!
What you will need:
- A Block of Wax + A vessel to melt it in
- Mason Jar
- Candle Wicks with a wooden stick
- Essential Oil of your choice to scent it with!
- Optional: Decorate with herbs or plants to match your smell!
(e.g Lavender oil goes with lavender flowers!)
Let’s get started!
- Melt the wax in the microwave safe bowl or over a double boiler!
- Once Wax is melted and warm (not hot), put in your essential oil!
- Pour a bit of the melted, scented wax into a mason jar and add your décor around the edges as the wax dries them in place! (see image above!)
- Wrap the candle wick around a wooden stick and drop it into the jar, making sure the stick holds the wick in place at the lip of the jar.
- Pour remainder of the melted wax into the mason jar and leave it to solidify.
- Once solid, unwrap the wick from the wooden stick and cut the excess material off.
Making your own candle is simple, crafty, and fun for your family to make however you choose! The holidays are upon us, friends, so don’t break the bank looking for a beautiful, personal, and sweet-smelling gift!