At Bel Aire Terrace, we believe in you! We believe in encouraging you to lead a healthy lifestyle that is less on stress and big on ease. We do this by providing small nuggets of info for your enjoyment that will take the stress off, beit morning, noon, or night! Today we have a simple recipe for you which is guaranteed to satisfy your tight schedule and your morning hunger! Overnight Oats have proven to be a game saver in the morning when you’re in a rush or just don’t feel like cooking that morning! What’s best, is that you can modify this recipe anyway you want! the sky’s the limit!
Here are what you’ll need to get started on overnight oats:
- 1/2 – 1 cup of Old-Fashioned or Steel-Cut Oats
- Equal Parts Water or Milk: We recommend a plant-based milk like almond, cashew or oat milk! (Oatception!)
- Going half milk and half Greek Yogurt can also make the oats creamier, but it’s not a necessity!
Put these Ingredients in a bowl or jar and put it in the fridge overnight for the oates to absorb the water or milk! You can also put your add-ons into the oats before putting them in the fridge!
Add-ons and Yummy Combinations!
The combinations are endless when it comes to oats! Here are some great and healthy options to choose from:
- Chia seeds: Great source of fiber & very filling!
- Fruits: We love strawberries, blueberries, bananas, apples, and even peaches!
- Nuts: Almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, and shaved coconut can give your oats texture, crunch, and good proteins! You can also use peanut or almond butter!
- Spicy & Sweet: No, we don’t mean hot sauce! Adding spice like cinnamon, nutmeg & cloves can amplify your oats and other additions. For sweetness, opt for less refined sweeteners like turbinado cane sugar, honey, agave, or a natural maple syrup! Healthy doesn’t have to be boring!
Any way you choose to combine these ingredients will surely be based upon your taste! The best combination is all your experimentation! We certainly hope that this has given you another step toward a great, stress free, morning routine!